Microblading, Ombre, Fusion Brows - What is the Difference?
Date of Publish: June 11, 2021
We get this question a lot, what is the difference between microblading eyebrows, ombre brows, and Iconbrows Toronto's own True HDi Fusion Brows. Although Microblading, and Ombrè, also known as Powdered Brows and usually referred to as Microshading or Shading, are Semi-Permanent Makeup Tattoos for your eyebrows to give definition and shape and allow you to not only save countless hours every week but also save you time and give you confidence. Whereas a tattoo on the arm will stay forever, the eyebrow tattoo is only done on the upper layer of the epidermal skin to allow you to change up styles and rectify color and shapes as you want as new styles and new brows come into fashion. The services are done with a hand-held machine, carefully injecting small amounts of pigment into the epidermal layer of the skin to fill, define and give depth, correct and rectify any issues with missing hairs and lacking shapes, through a two-part service adapted to the clients unique skin-type, brow-shape, brow-style and personal wishes.
- Microblading (3D Brows, 4D Brows, HD Brows): Tiny hairlike strokes to create the look of individual brow hairs.
- MicroShading (Ombrè Brows |Powder Brows | Shading): Adds Depth with additional color.
- Fusion Brows (Combo Brows | Hybrid Brows | Nano Brows): Eyebrow Perfection - Best of Both.
An important factor to note is that microblading does not work for all skin types. Microblading is not great for oily skin as the color does not show up effectively and can look blurry. Natural oils can also prevent the brows from healing properly. To learn more about the eyebrow healing process click here.
With a client base of over 1,000+ clients, we at Iconbrows have seen almost every type of skin type, brow shape, and brow definition. Although every client is given a unique Iconbrows Service, you can read the general benefits and advice regarding the various Iconbrows Eyebrow PMU methods below.
Most Realistic Natural-Looking Brows in Toronto: Fusion Brows Also Known As Combo / Hybrid Brows & Nano Brows
Fusion Brows is our own unique style of a fusion of Hybrid and Combo to give you the Best Healed Natural-Looking Brows possible. We take the style and precision of microblading brows, one of our top specials here in Etobicoke, and the shape and definition of microshading to give you the perfect brow possible custom created for you.
- Truly The Best of Both: With Fusion Brows, you get the best of both, fully saturated hair stroked with better retention, an easier healing process, and realistic fullness & definition. Iconbrows Fusion Brows also lasts longer than microblading.
- Best Healed Natural-Looking Brows: With the IconSTYLE Fusion Brows Eyebrow Transformation, you will be able to achieve the most realistic natural-looking result for your brows possible.
- Great for Most Skin Types, Even Oily! Iconbrows Fusion Brows are a great option for most skin types. Even those with mature skin or over 50+ in age. Fusions Brows might be the answer for you if your skin is not too loose or thin..
This service is our unique Iconbrows fusion of hybrid and combo customized to the shape, skin tone, skin type, style, and wishes of the client. IconStyle™ True HDi Fusion Brows ensures that you get the best of both worlds; the hyper-realistic strokes of individual hairs and the shading and coloring give depth and definition giving you perfect healed natural-looking eyebrows. To learn more about the top brow service in Toronto, click here.
Microblading - Natural Hair-Like Strokes - This Is One of The Top Microblading in Toronto
The microblading service is usually for clients that would typically describe themselves as having dry skin and would like their brows to have the appearance of more hair-like strokes, then the microblading service might be the best option for you. There is a reason why Iconbrows is one of the top places for microblading in Toronto. Microblading, also known as 3D Brows, HD Brows, is one of the most natural ways to create tattooed eyebrows. Our Brow Experts use a handheld tool made of 1 or more tiny needles used to add our specially selected and curated premium pigment into the epidermal layer of the skin through multiple individual tiny hair-like incisions to re-create or further define your brows into a shape and style that you love.
- Repair & Reshape: Microblading is typically used on eyebrows to create, repair, or reshape their appearance in terms of both color and shape. Although it can give a very realistic and natural look, it also fades more rapidly than Fusion Brows, because microblading only deposits pigment into the upper region of the dermis skin layer.
- Bespoke Brows: Our Brow Experts carefully design and create your brows in a truly unique way with you. We sit down and draw out the shape and size and confirm the color and definition to our clients' wishes to ensure that the result is as perfect as possible. Iconbrows Experts do their best when you give them free rein and creative control.
- Ideal for Normal / Dry Skin: Microblading is best suited for clients with normal or dry skin. It can last up to 18-24 months (depending on individual lifestyle, skin conditions, and make-up routines).
There are several different names for Microblading, but it's important to make really clear is that microblading is not the same as tattooing. Once again, microblading is only semi-permanent, and the tool used on microblading candidates does not penetrate the skin as deeply. This does mean that you’ll need to touch up your brows over time. To learn more about the microblading service, click here.
Ombre Brows | Powdered Brows - Microshading - Get Your Brows MakeUp Ready For A Night Out In Toronto
Ombre Brows | Powdered Brows - Microshading (also known as Shading, Shaded Brows, Powdered Brows, Mist Brows) differs from microblading in that it is mostly eyebrow surface-layer work where the application of the pigment is done on the epidermic layer of the skin. Results resemble the look of make-up-ready brows, giving a faded start and a crisp tail.
- Great For Even Oily Skin Types: Microblading is typically used on eyebrows to create, repair, or reshape their appearance in terms of both color and shape. Although it can give a very realistic and natural look, it also fades more rapidly than Fusion Brows, because microblading only deposits pigment into the upper region of the dermis skin layer.
- Make Up Ready Brows Every Day: The beauty of Ombrè Brows is that you will have depth and definition from the morning to the night. No more need to rush to the bathroom to apply your brows in the morning to feel presentable. Wake up and Go with Your Iconbrows Ombrè Brows.
- Nano Dots Instead of Strokes: Whereas Microblading is done by a hand-held tool that creates incisions or small cuts into the skin, Ombrè Brows are done via a small machine which injects a dispersion of fine nanodots of pigment evenly into and across the skin in a gradient, airbrushed-like technique.
Just like Microblading here in Toronto, Ombre brows has many names from microshading to powdered brows, but it's again important to make clear is that Microshading is not the same as tattooing. Once again, microshading is only semi-permanent, and the tool used on microshading candidates does not penetrate the skin as deeply. This does mean that you’ll need to touch up your brows over time. To learn more about the ombre brows powdered brows, microshading service here in Toronto, click here.
Iconbrows Torontos Top Eyebrow Transformations - Etobicoke Microblading, Microshading, Hybrid Brows, Combo Brows, Nano Brows. We have you covered.
Although the differences might seem daunting, don't be afraid ask us a question. Getting your eyebrows done is something you need to have proper information on before proceeding. We will still work alongside your style and skin type and goals. Our goal is to not only help you achieve your perfect brows but also help you out with providing you a service that builds confidence and helps you feel great.